Monday, June 4, 2012

Swai with Tomato and Basil Sauce and Caramelized Brussels Spout

Originally I wanted to cook halibut but it's not available in the store so I substitute it with Swai fillets. It was my first time cooking this fish so I really had hard time taking it out from the grilling pan and I ended up almost frying the other fillets in the other pan. It has a very delicate texture, it's flaky and has a mildly sweet taste.

Preparing the Swai fish:
1. I marinated the fillet with lemon juice, dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. I placed it in the resealable plastic bag and put in the refrigerator for an hour and grilled it after.

Preparing the Tomato & Basil Sauce:
I combined the sliced tomato, tomatillo, basil, green onion and red wine vinegar in a pan and cook it over medium heat.

Preparing the Brussels Sprouts:
I sautéed the Brussels sprouts with onion and garlic. Then I put little amount of water to soften the vegetable and I added half of maggi chicken bouillon cube to taste. Simmer until the the brussels sprouts are cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment