Saturday, June 16, 2012

Arroz Caldo with Chicken and Hard Boiled Egg

Arroz Caldo brings back childhood memories to me. My dad used to make this on Sundays for us.

On this dish I used calrose rice, chicken wings (I split and discard the tip), eggs (I boiled it for 15 mins), ginger (thinly sliced), chicken broth (to make my broth, I boiled the water and drop 2 bouillon cubes), onion, green onion, garlic, fish sauce, salt and pepper.

1. In a pot sauté onion, garlic and ginger.
2. Add chicken and stir it with fish sauce. Let the chicken cook for 15 mins.
3. Add the rice and stir.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Let the rice cook, stirring it occasionally so the rice won't stick at the bottom of the pot.

When you serve, peel the hard boiled egg and put in the arroz caldo and sprinkle green onions for garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment