Friday, August 3, 2012

Filipino Beef Steak (bistek)

A co-employee had beef steak for lunch one time and I thought, maybe I should cook it Friday night for my boyfriend and besides it's been a long time since I had beef steak or bistek as how Filipinos call it.

This is the first time actually I cook this one so it may not be perfect yet. Below are the ingredients and the pictures. I don't normally measures the ingredient so excuse me for not putting exact measurements or if I'm not too specific with the details I'm gonna enumerate below.

Ingredients:

1. 2 lbs. thinly sliced chuck steak
2. Soy sauce
3. Lemon
4. Vinegar
5. 2 tsp. sugar
6. Minced garlic
7. Onion, thinly sliced
8. Oil for frying
9. A dash of Cheyenne powder for heat
10. Freshly ground pepper

Directions:
1. First I sliced my beef into pieces about 2x2 inches
2. Then in a bowl I made by marinade by mixing soysauce, lemon, garlic, onion, pepper, and vinegar.
3. Pour it over the beef
4. Marinade it overnight ( in my case I marinade it only for about 6 hours.
5. In a pan heat the oil and fry the beef. Do it by batch so it won't be crowded and each piece should be cook properly. As soon as each batch of beef is fried, put it in a plate. Do not discard your marinade.
6. After everything is fried, set it aside.
7. As the last batch is cook, sauté remaining onion and garlic in the pan until onion is Caramelized and garlic is brown.
8. Place the beef and sauté it for 5 minutes.
9. Pour the marinade into the beef in the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes or until the marinade reduce.

No comments:

Post a Comment