Friday, August 3, 2012

Sicilian Tomato and Onion Salad

My aunt had theae really beautiful tomatoes and red onions that she left before they left before going on vacation. I knew it will just rot in the fridge so I thought I should do something about it before it goes to waste. I came up with a salad and one of the recipes I encountered online is this Sicilian Tomato and Onion Salad. I thought its perfect so I should make one.

Ingredients:

1. 3 ripe medium size tomatoes, sliced into bite size
2. 1 medium size red onion, julienned
3. Fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
4. Salt and pepper
5. Garlic powder
6. Dried oregano
7. Olive oil

Just mixed the ingredients tossing lightly and let it marinate for an hour before eating. You can also serve it with Italian bread or make it as an appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment